If you are considering an important home improvement project such as a bathroom remodel or front entry, why should you plan ahead for the years to come?
How will you benefit from selecting a contractor and designer like Accessible Solutions who is CAPS certified or a “Certified Aging in Place Specialist”?
“Aging in Place” is becoming more and more commonly known, and it is something any homeowner should think about. Whether we are a baby boomer, a millennial, a generation X-er or any senior, at some point we will all benefit from a home that has “Universal Design” or “Barrier Free” design components. At some point, anyone of us could suddenly become a user or a caregiver of someone – be it a parent, a spouse, or any loved one, who wants to stay safe at home but can only do so if the home has some important accessible design concepts already in place.
That is why “Aging in Place” is an important design concept and why we encourage all of our clients to plan ahead and incorporate this design strategy now. There are so many benefits to remaining in your own home throughout the course of your life. The fact is people are happier and healthier being able to stay in their own homes.
Some of the many benefits of caring for the elderly at home have been listed by many professionals as the follows:
- Freedom from the strict schedules of nursing facilities.
- The ability to retain much of their own independence.
- The comforts of remaining in their most familiar place.
- Personal possessions that they may not be able to keep in a nursing facility.
- Freedom to have family and friends visit whenever they like.
- The ability to carry on with their own personal habits and routines.
- A healthier overall setting free of illnesses that may be present in a clinical environment – which is what we just saw with the latest pandemic.
- Less expensive than nursing homes or assisted living centers in most cases, and the costs of these facilities continues to rise. In many cases providing care in a home setting is more cost effective and beneficial as people are often happier and healthier in their own home. The fact remains that most people prefer to remain in the own home which is why they are living there in the first place. That is where their life memories are. That is where they feel safe and comfortable. Most people prefer the independence of a private residence to any kind of facility or senior living community – if it is safe for them to do so.
- The ability to receive specialized care in the comfort of home for conditions such as Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s.
So why should you contact or select a home improvement contractor who is skilled with Aging in Place concepts, CAPS certified, knows the concepts of Universal Design, and skilled with handicap accessibility remodeling and disability remodeling?
If you are faced with the need now, it is imperative! You want it done right!
If you are wisely planning ahead and are making some home improvements now, it is more cost effective to incorporate at least some facets for Aging in Place now, or have the groundwork in place now so your investment now does not need to be totally replaced.
So how will you benefit from selecting a contractor and designer like Accessible Solutions who is CAPS certified or a “Certified Aging in Place Specialist”? You need someone who is working to make sure sure that your homes is safe and accessible!
Contact us today to see how.