Accidents and/or injuries in the bathroom from slipping and falling are the prime causes for hospital and emergency room visits, especially for the elderly as well as those who may be disabled or are recovering from a hip or knee replacement.
If someone is elderly, trying to get in and out of a traditional bathtub can easily be the cause of these accidents. Two solutions to avoid risky falls are to put in a curbless or low curb shower OR a walk-in tub. You may ask: “Is a walk-in tub the right application for me?”
Walk-in tubs can provide independence and can allow many elderly or aging individuals the freedom to stay in their home longer and remain more independent. Because Walk-in tubs feature a walk-in door, a low step-over threshold, and a built-in seat. they can help keep you safer when entering and exiting to bathe.
What are some of the benefits of a walk-in bathtub? There are many ! The following are just some of the benefits you can enjoy if you take out that high walled old bathtub and install one of our new walk-in tubs
Walk in tubs allow you to soak in comfort and style.
Bestbath has recently partnered with BCI to offer the Alexis Walk-In Bathtub!
BCI’s Alexis Walk-in Bathtub offers a safe, soothing, and spa-like bathing experience for people of all abilities. Each bath is fitted with stylish chrome fixtures, a hand-held sprayer, and therapeutic features. This high-end, aging-in-place solution can be easily installed in the same space as a standard bathtub or 5’ shower
This high-end aging-in-place solution offers five standard therapeutic features that can help with arthritis, rheumatism, diabetes, back pain, muscle pain, stress, insomnia, and circulatory disease. A digital thermometer hand showers are also available as an additional add-on.
- Hydrotherapy Jet Massage – Adjustable water jets massage the entire body, relieving soreness, and inflammation.
- Air Bubble Therapy – Air jets release thousands of bubbles, improving circulation and relieving tired muscles and joints.
- Color Chromatherapy – Colored lights further enhance relaxation and reduce stress.
- Aromatherapy – Users can place scented beads in a reservoir in the tub, releasing scents that trigger relaxation.
- Ozone Therapy & Purification – The tub’s ozonator purifies the water and aids in rejuvenating the skin.
- 53” wide x 29.875” deep x 37.5” high (60” wide with extension included)
- Equipped with a 1000W air blower, 1.5 HP water pump, 18 chrome-capped copper air jets and 10 chrome water jets
- Fitted with a 400W in-line heater
- Includes a contoured seat 17” high by 24” wide with removable neck/back and seat cushions
- 67-gallon capacity
These walk-in baths feature a low threshold entry, a sealed door and stainless-steel grab bars for easy entry and exit. The anti-slip floor prevents any dangerous slips or falls.
Quality and Durability
Backed by a 5-year warranty, each bath is coated with an easy-to-clean gel coat finish that is durable and resistant to scratches or stains. The structural thickness of the product helps insulate the bath, maintain a constant water temperature, and save energy.
So, there are many wonderful benefits for installing a walk-in bathtub!
Why not contact us today and allow yourself or your loved ones a safer and more comfortable bathing experience.